At the American Cancer Society we are as dedicated to our staff as we are to our mission. Part of that dedication includes providing our staff members with competitive benefit options to promote good health, financial security, and peace of mind. To that end, Society staff members enjoy employment benefits that make this a truly great place to work.
Commitment to Work/Life Balance
As part of our commitment to a healthy work/life balance, we support alternative work arrangements, such as flexible work schedules and telecommuting.
Education and Development
Another major benefit is the opportunity to learn and grow. This begins with an informative company onboarding orientation when your start working with us, and it continues with multifaceted training opportunities and experiences that help you develop professionally and personally. We offer, and encourage our staff to participate in leadership development, mentoring, coaching, and job-specific training classes.
Right from the start, you’ll work with your manager and team to map a path to career success by establishing clear professional and development goals through our performance management process. Manager and staff involvement is instrumental in determining these goals – as is the employee’s participation.
For staff interested in continuing with their formal education, the American Cancer Society has numerous partnerships with online universities which offer our staff both financial and educational benefits.
Total Rewards and Employment Benefits
Competitive benefits offered to American Cancer Society employees include:
- Comprehensive medical, prescription, dental, and vision insurance
- Preventative screenings and exams are 100% covered in network
- Domestic partner coverage available in all states for same- and opposite-sex partners
- Life insurance for you and your family
- Basic life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance 100% paid by the company
- Voluntary Supplemental Life
- Voluntary Spouse Life
- Voluntary Child Life
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Basic STD and LTD 100% paid by the company
- Voluntary STD and LTD buy-up options
- Tax deferred spending accounts
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Commuter benefits program for parking and/or transit expenses
- Employee wellness program to help maintain a healthy body and mind
- Employee assistance program
- Employee voluntary benefits program
- Workplace banking discounts
- Legal assistance plan
- Home, auto, and personal insurance discounts
- Gym membership discounts
- Paid holidays, vacation days, sick and personal time
- Retirement savings plans
- 100% company-funded pension plan
- 403(b)/401(k) plan with matching company contributions